Home World News Europe France Paris Daily News US and Nigerian forces kill Islamic State’s ‘second in command,’ Trump says
Paris Daily News

US and Nigerian forces kill Islamic State’s ‘second in command,’ Trump says

US and Nigerian forces kill Islamic State’s ‘second in command,’ Trump says thumbnail

American and Nigerian forces killed a leader of the Islamic State group in Nigeria in a joint operation carried out Friday, U.S. President Donald Trump said early Saturday.

“Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, second in command of ISIS globally, thought he could hide in Africa, but little did he know we had sources who kept us informed on what he was doing,” Trump said a social media post that offered few details.

Al-Mainuki was viewed as the key figure in Islamic State organizing and finance, and had been plotting attacks against the United States and its interests, the Associated Press reported, citing an unnamed official.

“He will no longer terrorize the people of Africa, or help plan operations to target Americans,” Trump said in his post. “With his removal, ISIS’s global operation is greatly diminished.”

Read More

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles

Beaujolais for Food Lovers: From Michelin Stars to Artisanal Treasures

For decades, Beaujolais has lived in the shadow of its own reputation....

French Restaurant Review: Brasserie Roseaux Lyon

Often, a good meal is almost as much about successful casting as...

Exploring France’s Golden Triangle

Between the red-brick grandeur of Albi, the vineyards of Gaillac and the...

7 Reasons to Visit the Musée Dobrée in Nantes

A shipowner’s son spent decades and most of his fortune assembling a...